#91 – Result Release

Time has passed so fast.

One year ago, I was the one sitting anxiously in my school hall, waiting for the release of my result. 

And now, one year has passed. 

From the perspective of someone who has been through such terrors, many might be looking for answers online, trying to determine what are the chance of being able to enroll into local university, or the course of one’s choice. My sincere advice would be:

BE REALISTIC. 

If you know you can’t do (SERIOUSLY SPEAKING), then don’t try. University isn’t a place where you can cry over spilled milk. And no one will freaking sympathise you. 

 

Here are the tips that I have gathered when I went through the applications myself. 

1. DO NOT APPLY FOR COURSES THAT YOU DON’T LIKE. 
Seriously, if you really did that, there is a 50% chance that you will survive the course but there will also be a 50% chance that you will not. Okay, maybe that is already sugar-coated. It is more like 70% chance you will die and 30% chance you will survive. I am half-struggling in university and it is really no joke. I know I always wanted to do Biology, but I do not have Biology background, so I am struggling like mad now. 

2. KNOW YOURSELF.

You should seriously think about what you want to do with your life at this point in time. One month isn’t a lot of time to apply for universities and you can’t regret your choice because if you do by the time you are in university and you want to change your course, there will be a HUGE PRICE to pay. Don’t believe? Ask your seniors. There are plenty of stories around. Know whether you are really suited to go university or you should choose another path. (Don’t be narrow-minded and only think about local university. Seriously.) Discuss it with your parents and ask them for advice. Don’t let them choose your path for you but ask for suggestion. AND BE MATURE ENOUGH TO BEAR THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR OWN CHOICE. The stupidest thing I’ve heard in university is that people are complaining about their courses because their parents chose it for them. DUDE, YOU ARE GOING TO TURN 19 AND YOU ARE TELLING ME YOU CAN’T MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS? AND YOU ARE BLAMING YOUR PARENTS. Ain’t a little CHILDISH to FREAKING do that? 

3. BE PREPARED (AND DON’T MISS DEADLINES!)

You would have tons of forms to fill in and certificates to find (if you are planning to get in Non-Academic Achievement or Discrete Admission.) Please do think about financial aids, bursaries, hostels, miscellaneous fees, school fees and other etc etc. Don’t do things last minute. Everything is going to be a mess. So, start preparing now. And do go for open days and open houses.

(ADVERTISMENT: NUS OPEN DAY WILL BE ON THE 15TH OF MARCH @ UNIVERSITY TOWN. PLEASE DO COME DOWN!)

If more advice are needed, do feel free to email me at shattering.love@gmail,com. Will reply as soon as possible. If you need to vent to someone anonymous and would give you like super truthful answers, you can email in too. I’ll see what I can do to help you. 

Ciao~ and the best of luck!

J

Advertisements

Shoot your questions~

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s