Just decided to share my two-cents on some of the questions that we might face on a day-to-day basis. Feel free to reply to these questions on your blogs too! Just give me a tag. ^^
1. Is there someone you like at the moment?
I would not put it under the “liking” category. I currently have a few flings, but no one has given me that fuzzy feeling, yet. Hopefully, that is the case.
2. Have you ever given or been given roses?
It is a “no” to both questions, although I have been given flowers before.
3. What is your all-time favourite romance movie?
I like chick flicks more than romance movie, but I think “A Cinderella Story” starring Hillary Duff would be my all-time favourite, given that it is a romance movie.
4. How many times can you say that you’ve really been in love?
Sorry to the guy that I have dated before (my very first relationship at 15.) but the answer is a ‘zero’. I feel pampered and doted on, but I don’t think that I have really been in love. It is a no wonder my mother says that I am a heartless person.
5. Do you believe that everyone has a soul-mate?
One should be open-minded on a lot of things, shouldn’t one? So I would not doubt the probability, but I know I haven’t found mine yet if I do have one.
6. Do you think that you should become friends with someone first?
Yes! I straight away dived into a relationship after talking to my ex for a day, even though we know each other’s existence for around 2 years. (We took the same bus to our respective schools.) I know he loved me, but the same thing can’t be said for me. It is hard to have feelings for someone you didn’t really know well. There are a lot of ambiguity and doubt when you don’t know each other well.
7. Have you ever had your heart broken?
I believe there are different types of heart breaks: the relationship kind, the friendship kind and the kinship kind. For me, I did have the friendship kind of heart breaks, but not the relationship kind and kinship kind of heart breaks.
8. What do you think about long-distance relationships?
My first relationship was kind of a long-distance relationship, in a way. I lived in Malaysia back then and he lived in Singapore (even though I travelled daily through the checkpoint in order to go to school in Singapore). So I think it’s hard to maintain, even with the help of technology and social media. It is definitely not the same as meeting face-to-face and having cuddles.
9. Your thoughts on online relationships?
I started having online friendships online recently and I realized that the aim of a lot of people is to fulfill their sexual desires. So, even though I think it’s possible, it would be only for a small handful of people.
10. Would you rather date someone five years younger or five years older?
Being a teenage girl, I’d rather date someone five years older for security’s sake. But I can’t say this for sure when I’m in my thirties. Or forties. OR fifties.
11. Have you ever seen a friend as more than just a friend?
My definition of “more than just a friend” is sibling-like friendships. Always on a lookout for you and takes really good care of you, but nothing more than being an older brother.
12. Do you believe the statement “once a cheater, always a cheater”?
I think someone cheats in a relationship because the couple isn’t meant for each other. So if my partner cheats on me, I’ll leave without hesitation. There is no room for negotiation.
13. Do you usually fall for the wrong or the right guy?
I don’t know. I have only had one relationship. Or is that even a relationship to start with?
14. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
I don’t know. But I think I’ve caused someone to lose his reputation after breaking up. (That was what he insisted even after 5 years.) And it was all because of my strong-justice friends who think that he was a jerk.
15. At what age did you start noticing the opposite gender?
7. I still remember holding a guy’s hand at that age. It was cute. Or was it younger? I can’t really remember things before 7. But 7 was the age where I first told “I like you”. It was cute puppy love.
16. Do you still talk to the first person you kissed?
Yes, but I would not say that we are having good chats. It’s mostly arguments. Even though he is stuck in the army serving his National Service.